PORTS SECURITY AND PORT FACILITIES SPECIAL SERVICES
Ports are an essential link of the whole transport chain. The International Maritime Organization (IMO), recognizing the risk, in December 2002 amended the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and adopted the International Code for ships and port facilities (ISPS Code – International ships and ports security).
MEGA SPRINT GUARD has been recognized by the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Insular Policy as a Recognized Security Organization and has the ability to design security assessments for Port and Port Facilities, as well as port security plans to protect them from illegal activities, according to the code ISPS. Our company cooperates with the port and customs authorities in order to provide security services at ports and their facilities.
Our services include:
- Selection and training of the staff, drafting of manuals and security plans, development of the procedures.
- Vulnerability assessment, safety surveys and countermeasures advice services.
- Conducting training programs based, among other things, on the relevant guidelines of the IMO so that in accordance with the provisions of our national legislation, the persons who will be employed in a port facility have previously received all the required knowledge.
- Security Check of the passengers, crews and cruise ship visitors, including entry into port facilities if required – body search, metal detectors and X-ray machines
- Maritime and Port Security for ships and port facilities.
- Trained dogs.
The main activities of a dog unit include:
- The detection of illegal actions to circumvent ISPS security measures in port facilities and ships.
- Guarding or locating a human presence.
- Detection of attempted breach, robbery and theft of goods or other type of attacks or illegal actions.
- Watch and control the entrance and exit of passengers and vehicles – trucks, including their contents.
- Detection of things, detection of drugs and explosives
- Provision Monitoring of CCTV systems and intruder detection – security patrols using trained dogs.
- Manning of access control points in port facilities
- Control of vehicles entering port facilities – control of cargo, warehouses and vehicles
- Emergency Planning, including Crisis Management and Business Continuity
MEGA SPRINT GUARD and our associates have experience in the preparation of security plans for Port and Maritime, in the providing security services for Port Facilities and in providing security services with dog units (K9 Unit) for security controls.